Most people don’t consider the color gray as an ideal choice of bedroom decorating, especially for the wall. For our adults, the color gray looks much depressing and uncomfortable. You definitely agree with us, while some teenage boys don’t think so.
To these teenagers, gray is a cool symbol reflecting their characteristics. It demonstrates a mature and sophisticated feeling, although their parents might not buy their story. But if you make a compromise, then you really should take a minute to read the bedroom decorating ideas below. You’ll find gray is actually a proper option.
So, what does gray reflect? Gray is absolutely neutral. As a symbol of compromise, it always associates with maturity and modesty and makes people inside the room feel peaceful, although not as strong as green does. Look at these pictures:
Then, how can we create such harmonious designs by using the color gray?
First you should remember don’t use gray as the accent color, which will make your room appear dirty. But it can be used as the basic or dominant color with decor in bright colors. The following bedroom color ideas may give you inspiration.
1. Bright color bedding and carpets. These decors with bright colors are best recommended to go with a gray wall. Using gray as the background and bright bedding and carpets as the accent decors is a very good method. Shags in solid color, especially bold neon color ones always goes well with the color gray.
2. Furniture. Bright and striking colors like white, green, red, orange, seashell and moccasin are great choices to go with gray. So choose furniture with these colors to be consistent with the wall color and other decors.
3. Curtains in bright colors. A drape of color will do lots of good to your gray walls. So go with those bold, bright color curtains and window shades.
4. Ornamental items. Ornamental items like decorative ottomans, lamps and tapestries can change the atmosphere of a gray bedroom if they are colorful, bright and bold. But don’t add many colors to your bedroom. Otherwise your bedroom will be too dazzling, which won’t help you fall asleep quickly.
Incoming search terms:
- how to decorate your bedroom
- how to decorate a bedroom
- Burgundy and Gray Bedroom Ideas
- decorated bedroom
- decorating a gray bedroom
- how to decorate a grey bedroom ideas